Thai Chicken Satay Skewers
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
⅓ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ tsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger
¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1. Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
2. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons mixture. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
3. Soak bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
4. Drain chicken; reserve marinade, and put chicken strips on skewers.
5. Place skewers on grill. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Brush chicken with reserved marinade.
Protein: 37 g
Carbs: 2 g
Fat: 13 g
One Comment Hide Comments
Looks like there are diced tomatoes in the picture, but none mentioned in the recipe. Those are NOT red pepper flakes! Please don’t post pictures with ingredients that aren’t included in the original recipie