Thai Chicken Satay Skewers
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
⅓ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ tsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon ginger
¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¾ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1. Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8-inch-wide strips; place in shallow glass dish.
2. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in small bowl. Reserve 3 tablespoons mixture. Pour over chicken; toss to coat well. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, stirring mixture occasionally.
3. Soak bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
4. Drain chicken; reserve marinade, and put chicken strips on skewers.
5. Place skewers on grill. Grill skewers on uncovered grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Brush chicken with reserved marinade.
Protein: 37 g
Carbs: 2 g
Fat: 13 g