Upgrade your boring Steak and Rice with our Delicious Chimichurri Sauce!
Steak and Rice…..
The generic staple in many bodybuilders nutrition plan and a go to for most people in the fitness industry.
I for one have no problem consuming Steak on a daily basis however, having tried and tested a few simple methods to spice up routine recipes I had to show you guys this quick and easy method.
A traditional Brazilian recipe that packs a huge punch with flavour and keeps the calories almost identical.
Chimichurri Steak with Lemon Infused Rice
- 1 8oz Rump Steak, fat trimmed
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Parsley
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Oregano
- ½ cup of Basmati Rice
- 1 Lemon, juice + zest
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 Red Onion, peeled
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Make sure your steak is at room temperature, cut in half, season with salt and pepper then place into a mixing bowl.
- On a chopping board, finely chop your parsley and oregano then add to the mixing bowl.
- Chop your onion in half, dice one half and slice the other roughly. Place the diced half into the mixing bowl.
- Finely chop your chilli and place into the mixing bowl along with the zest and juice of half your lemon, garlic, sherry vinegar and olive oil.
- Get your hands in and marinade the beef then place to the side for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, add your rice to a pot with just over 1 cup of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the rice is about half done, take your steak and place onto a preheated griddle pan on a very high heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Leave steaks to rest for 4 minutes, add your onions to the same pan and cook while the steaks rest until they become soft.
- Squeeze the other lemon into the rice, zest it in as well then serve with your steak sliced. Add on your extra Chimichurri Sauce and enjoy!