Chorizo and Thyme Pasta
Happy Sunday Folks!
Sunday is always a day of rest for most people, but for me it allows me to get the creative juices flowing and use up left over ingredients in the fridge.
I spotted a few slices of Chorizo, normally used on higher fat meals but a subtle touch of it can transform a meal with that sharp flavour.
Introducing – Chorizo and Thyme Pasta
- 1/2 and onion
- 1 rasher of smoked bacon, sliced into small pieces
- 2 pieces of chorizo, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp passata
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green chili
- 4oz chicken breast, cubed
- 100g WholeWheat Pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh chives
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- In a pot, add a little knob of butter and some
oil, add the diced onion and red pepper. sweat for 6 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add in the bacon and chorizo, cook for a further 5 minutes before spooning in 1/2 your passata, garlic, chili and paprika.
- Brown your chicken off in another pan before adding in then add your remaining passata. Reduce for 12 minutes.
- When you have 5-6 minutes to go, add your pasta to a pot of boiling water and cook to your preference.
- Plate up and dress with some fresh chives and parsley.