Lemon & Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
One of the main struggles for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders is the “time consuming” aspect of preparing food and remaining on track with their meals.
To a certain extent, it is true. Many of us have full time jobs and other commitments which inhibit our time to create delicious and nutritious meals on a daily basis.
This recipe is a prime example of taking the confusion and time excuses away to give you a great few days worth of tasty carbohydrates.
The marriage of flavours is perfect to hit those taste buds and they even taste better after a day or two in the fridge!
Makes 6 Servings
– 3 good-sized sweet potatoes
– 1 1/2 cups apple juice
– 1 tsp nutmeg
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 3 Tbsp olive oil
– Juice of one half lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Prepare a large baking dish by spraying Cooking Spray
3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until just tender. Don’t overcook the sweet potatoes, you want them a bit firm. They will finish cooking in the oven.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool. Peel if desired. Cut into rounds 1/4-inch thick and lay them in the baking dish. Don’t overlap the pieces of potato.
5. In a heavy saucepan place apple juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Simmer over low heat for several minutes. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir well. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes